Friday, November 21, 2008

Name the Tune that Moves You

Since it is Friday and I will be in the city with the family this weekend with little time to post - I thought I'd leave you with a fun nugget for the weekend!

What is your theme song?

For me there are two - the first is "Baby, I'm a Star!" by Prince. This song is from his Purple Rain album and it rocks. Sure it's upbeat and make you want to move - but I LOVE the lyrics. My favorite line being "HEY! I ain't got no money but honey I'm rich on personality." That is so on point for me. This has been my theme song for many years now - whenever I hear it - I perk up and sometimes I play it to cheer myself up on a dull day!

My other theme song is "Better is One Day" by Matt Redman. This is a newer theme song for me - only about 7 or 8 months but also on point for me. The refrain is "Better is one day in Your courts , Better is one day in Your house, Better is one day in Your courts Than thousands elsewhere." This song really ministered to me this past year as I faced so serious trials in my personal and professional life. The amazing part- is this - I agree 100% with each word in this song and that is a rare thing. No matter where I am (on the mountaintop or deep in the valley) as long as God is with me (and believe me - he is ALWAYS with me) I'd rather be there than anywhere else.

So now I throw it to you - what is your theme song? What song picks you up like no other? Don't leave me hanging!

Enjoy your weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. What a challenge Denise--- there are so many, depends on the mood I am in... I love James Taylor's "you've got a friend". If I am in need up a quick pick me up- Gloria Gaynor "I will Survive" .. I could go on and on....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Rupert Holmes "Escape (Pina Colada Song)" this song gets me happy in no time! it has this timeless quality to it...and when I hear it I forget about everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lately the song "Today is the Day" by Lincoln Brewster really works for me. Check it out and see what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete