Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Authentic Motivation - Update

"Authentic motivation know no fear. Authentic motivation moves forward in any economy,  under all circumstances" - Denise Wilmer Barreto, October 25, 2008 - Authentic Motivation


Today - I assert that authentic motivation actually physically and mentally breaks down the barriers between you and your goals. I defined motivation as "that which moves you" - positive or negative.

Circumstances motivate us, positively or negatively.

People motivate us, positively or negatively.

Most of all - you motivate yourself. 

So today  - five months and six days later - I challenge all who are struggling with their motivation to remember the very simple definition and go find what moves you and start honoring it today.

I am walking proof of taking the most challenging of situations  - facing them head-on  and channeling  the energy that you would normally use to complain, worry or doubt yourself - into a strategic plan for change. 

I am smiling tonight as a result.

1 comment:

  1. Denise ... I completely agree with you. "People motivate us, positively or negatively. Most of all - you motivate yourself."

    Authentic motivation comes from the individual making a stand within his/herself. Once you make the choice to do something, that is when you're likely to accomplish that goal.

    I've found that goals set BY other people are FOR other people. Only I can set MY goals. And only I can achieve them.

    When times get tough and you feel like giving up, only YOU can push through.

    ReplyDelete