Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Patrick Swayze, A man who adored his wife his entire life


The title of my blog is how I choose to honor the late Patrick Swayze.

Interestingly - as news spread of his death, my first reaction was to quick shoot up a prayer for his wife, Lisa Niemi who, in that instant, lost the love of her life.

Of course, I loved his work - Dirty Dancing, Point Break, Too Wong Fu and Outsiders in that exact order.

But I have long admired his devotion to his marriage. 30 years. In Hollywood, that is rare. Actually that is rare, period.

What an amazing story he and Lisa must have! From what has been reported, they had many ups and downs like most couples. Miscarriages. Alcoholism. Rehab.

Yet, they remained together and faced his toughest battle - pancreatic cancer, together.

In 1989 - I wanted to be like Patrick - dance, act and do what I loved for a living

Now, in honor of his memory, I want to be like Patrick again.

Only this time, I want to devote my all to having a successful marriage. For a lifetime.

Just like Patrick did.

1 comment:

  1. What a great reflection on his life and he does leave a wonderful legacy of a great marriage in a time when Hollywood has often mocked it. Rest in Peace and prayers for Lisa.

    ReplyDelete