Saturday, April 2, 2011

Fashion. Gadgets. What More Could a Future Designer Want?



As we wind up Spring Break 2011, it is clear that we have struck gold in a new Nintendo DS game for my nine year old future fashion designer.

Style Lab Fashion Design Nintendo DS game was a constant companion for Emma this Spring Break. Take a look at her video on getting started with the game above.

Emma's verbatim:

"This is my third DS fashion game and I like it alot. The avatars and items you design are extremely easy to pick up and fun. While I am a more advanced designer, I still enjoyed this game because you have the ability to order your designs in real life. I am ordering a tote bag I designed myself and can't wait to see it in real life. That is what sets this game apart from the others I have."

As a mom, I love any game that encourages a talent or passion that my kids have. That's what I like about this game. Although Emma has two other DS fashion design games - Style Lab Fashion Design is a great basic design interaction and I loved watching her discover different paths to really simple items like t-shirts, totes and hats. And I will admit - I was dreading the "ask" to buy her designs but was pleasantly surprised at how reasonable they were priced starting at $9.99. The most expensive item was $35.99 so overall - I was good with that.

We have not seen the final product yet but are anxiously awaiting it's arrival. The whole experience so far has been great. So much so that we are planning on getting the Style Lab Jewelry Design game at our next opportunity.

You can purchase the Style Lab Fashion Design here at ToysRUs.com.

While Ubisoft provided me with this game to review, the opinions I've expressed here are solely my own and represent my honest viewpoint. UbisoftClever Girls Collective and I promote Blog With Integrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment